18 January 2012


Click here to take action!

Two bills before Congress, the Senate's Protect IP Act (PIPA) and the House's Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), would censor the web and impose harmful regulations on American business (RIAA, mark today in your calendar. Its the one day I will take your side on anything). Millions of internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate will begin voting on January 24, 2012. There is still time to stop this legislation from being passed! While I agree that artists and companies have a right to protect their intellectual property, these bills go too far and are not written as delicately as they should be; these bills could result in censorship and government control of the Internet.

In 1992, the Ramones released 'Censorshit' on the album Mondo Bizarro. I feel it accurately represents the climate we are facing today. Plus, I love the Ramones - theyre more than just 'I Wanna Be Sedated' and 'Blitzkreig Bop'.

1 comment: